Outreach for Schools
Partnerships with Schools
Unicorn School teachers continue to visit local primary and secondary schools, delivering presentations to teachers, teaching assistants, parents and carers of children who have literacy difficulties.
Staff who have attended sessions commented that they now have more insight as to what dyslexia is, how it effects a child in the classroom and what they can do to support children’s learning in the classroom and though specific intervention.
The Unicorn School Outreach Event
- Date: Thursday 16th March 2023
- Time: 4 pm to 6.15 pm
- Location: The Unicorn School, 20 Marcham Road, Abingdon, OX14 1AA (there is no onsite parking; please use the pay and display car park at The Beefeater on the opposite side of the road, OX14 1AD).
The event is aimed at educators providing tips and advice for teaching pupils with learning differences in a whole class or an intervention setting. There will be sessions on supporting children with learning differences, multi-sensory teaching, and the use of assistive technology. As well as the opportunity to speak to teaching staff about their approaches to supporting children.
- Entry cost to the event is £25
- (Payable by bank transfer; bank details will be sent on booking)
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st March 2023
Do you know of or are you from a local school that might be interested in an Outreach visit or INSET day? Then please contact us by emailing: email@example.com