Speech & Language Therapist (part-time or full-time)
We have a vacancy for a skilled and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our dedicated and supportive inter-disciplinary team, who support the best outcomes for the students through holistic and integrated programmes. You will work alongside another Speech and language Therapist in addition to a Speech and Language Therapy assistant and school staff implementing 1:1 and group SLT input. You will provide a range of intervention including individual and group therapy sessions, support and train parents and staff along with universal level provision. You will be offered relevant training, support and supervision. The main focus of the role will be to assess and support the students holistic communication needs, facilitating in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupils, ensuring they make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
The main duties will be:
- Ensure all pupils are safe in our care and that safeguarding procedures are followed at all times
- Assessment of a range of communication difficulties
- Use of standardised and non-standardised assessments (clinical observations)
- Report writing for annual reviews, outside agencies and EHCP applications.
- Implementation of therapy sessions on the basis of assessments and EHCP specifications where appropriate
- Provision of therapy programmes for school and home use
- Organisation of small group therapy sessions
- Collaboration with student, Parents, Teaching staff, Occupational Therapist and Creative Arts and Play Therapist and voluntary organisations where appropriate.
- Monitoring and reviewing of interventions
- Contributions to IEPs
- Meetings with parents
- Attendance at SEN Team meetings
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Promote self-esteem and independence in all students
- Provide feedback to pupils, teaching staff and parents in relation to progress and achievement
- Contribute to the maintenance of a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
For an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school on 01235 530 222
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for Applications: 14th December 2023
SAFER RECRUITMENT POLICY
The Unicorn School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. Any offer of appointment will be conditional upon a variety of satisfactory pre-employment checks including checks with past employers, an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Check, satisfactory references and medical clearance. Child protection training will also need to be undertaken.
The Unicorn School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including enhanced disclosure via the DBS and checks with past employers. Shortlisted candidates should be aware that we will also be undertaking online checks.