We are delighted that you are interested in working at
The Unicorn School.
Administrative Assistant – Job Description
The Unicorn School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to work with the School Secretary and Registrar in a friendly and busy school.
The successful applicant will be engaged with a variety of responsibilities which will include supporting the School Secretary and Registrar in the process of admissions, assisting with various school events, working with colleagues in the school office and supporting the Head Teacher and Bursar as required.
Good administrative skills and IT skills, including experience working with a database, will be essential. In addition the successful applicant will have strong inter-personal skills, be able to work as part of a team as well as independently and be able to use his/her initiative.
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage school telephone switchboard, be first point of contact and deal with routine queries. Direct calls to specific individuals where necessary.
- Welcoming visitors, signing them in and making tea and coffee.
- Maintain and update school database and all parent contact lists, permissions lists, and pupil medical lists. Maintain staff photo board and lanyards.
- Be responsible for circulating updated lists as appropriate. Manage general office administration including filing.
- Act as qualified First Aider (having taken 3-day first-aider training). Oversee First Aid kits and medical supplies.
- Manage routine communications to parents e.g. circulation of newsletters, upload parent information letters onto the school website, maintain calendar on school website. Manage responses. Post news stories to social media.
- Manage admissions administration including:
- Scanning and filing prospective pupil reports and circulating to appropriate individuals within the school
- Managing enrolment administrative processes, e.g. scanning and filing enrolment documents, entering pupil and parent details on all relevant lists and school database, confirming enrolment to parents, previous school, Local Authority.
- Help organise and run open mornings and other school events.
- Providing support for school events e.g. assisting with tea and coffee, etc.
- Providing support for Duke of Edinburgh programme.
- Providing support to school staff and offering IT support with printers, photocopiers etc.
- Manage routine communication with parents via email and phone. eg queries regarding bus routes, uniform, clubs, school trips etc.
- Manage routine communication with outside agencies e.g. school photographer, photocopier supplier etc.
- Ordering office and teaching supplies.
Job Type: Full-time (term-time plus 4 weeks also possible)
Start date: End of August/beginning of September 2018
Salary: £16,000.00 to £20,000.00 per year
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your CV to: email@example.com
The Unicorn School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including enhanced disclosure via the DBS and checks with past employers.